Bold provides a prebuilt platform connector and extension for merchants who want to use Bold Checkout with their Magento 1 store. Follow the instructions outlined in this document to set up Bold Checkout on your store.
Before you connect your Magento 1 store with Bold Checkout, ensure you have the following:
- A Magento account.
- A payment gateway associated with the store.
- An SFTP client with a connection to your store's Magento 1 server.
Configure firewall settings
Many merchants have firewalls in place that restrict incoming and outgoing network traffic, allowing only a predefined set of IP addresses. The nature of a platform connector requires Bold to make calls to your server. For Bold's integrations to function, Bold domains must be able to make requests to your application.
To ensure proper operation, you must configure your firewall settings to allow requests from the following domains or IP addresses:
- IP Addresses
Bold's applications are hosted on Google Cloud Platform, in the
northamerica-northeast1 scope. These IPs are included below:
Set up Bold Checkout
Use the following sections to set up Bold Checkout.
Create an account in Bold Account Center
To create an account and connect your store in Bold Account Center, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Bold Account Center Login Page.
- Click Create account.
- Complete the Name, Organization name, Email, and Password fields.note
The organization name represents your company. You can add multiple stores under your organization in Account Center.
- Click Next.
- Add your first store.
- From the dropdown menu under Platform, select Magento 1.
- Enter your Store URL. Use your store's default URL.
- Select your store Currency.
- Click Add store.
- A message appears to confirm you've successfully added your first store. You can now go to the Account Center Launchpad, or invite users to manage your store. For more information, refer to Invite or Deactivate a user in Account Center.
Create an API access token
To set up an API access token in Account Center, follow the steps below:
- From within Account Center, expand the left-hand menu and click API access tokens.
- Click Create API access token.
- Enter the API access token name and select the scopes as shown in the screenshot below.
- Click Create. A dialog box appears and provides a shared secret and API access token.You will use the shared secret and API access token to configure Magento 1 to call Bold Checkout.caution
Be sure to save the shared secret and API access token in a secure location, as they will disappear when you close the dialog.
- Click Done.
Install Bold Checkout
To install Bold Checkout from within Bold Account Center, follow the steps below:
- In Bold Account Center, navigate to Launchpad.
- In the Available Bold apps section, click Add under Bold Checkout.
- Once complete, you are redirected to the Bold Checkout admin.
Configure Bold Checkout
Configure Bold Checkout by following the steps below:
- From within Bold Checkout, navigate to Payment options > Payment gateways.
- To add a development gateway intended for testing, slide the toggle to the right to enable Development mode. Bold recommends first connecting a payment gateway in development mode so that you can ensure everything is set up correctly.
- To add a production payment gateway, toggle off Development mode, and set up a supported payment gateway in the Connect a payment gateway section. Bold strongly recommends using PayPal Complete Payments (PPCP) or Braintree as payment gateways with Magento 1. You will not be charged Bold Checkout fees when these platforms.
- Navigate to Settings > General settings.
- Scroll down to the Checkout Process section. If company name or phone number are required fields on your Magento 1 platform, you must configure these settings to match your store settings.
- Click Save.
Add the platform connector in Bold Account Center
Add the Platform Connector for Magento 1 to your store by following the steps below:
- Within Bold Account Center, navigate to Launchpad, and select the Integrations tab.
- Click the Add button on the Platform Connector for Magento 1 card.note
If you have more than one store in Bold Account Center, a drop-down appears for you to select the desired store.
- Review the required scope permissions, and click Approve to accept them.
Install and configure the Bold Checkout Extension on Magento 1
The Bold Checkout Extension is a Magento 1 extension that must be installed on your store.
Use the steps in this section to set up Bold Checkout on your Magento 1 store.
Add the Bold Checkout Extension to the Magento 1 store
Use the following steps to add the Bold Checkout Extension to your Magento 1 store:
- Navigate to the
app/code/communitylocation in your store's directory. Create a new folder titled
- Navigate to the Bold Checkout on Magento 1 repository. Download the repository contents (click the Code drop-down menu, and select Download ZIP).
- Unzip the downloaded directory.
- Copy the
CheckoutIntegrationdirectories to the
app/code/community/Boldlocation in your store's directory that you created in Step 1.
- Navigate to the root directory (the parent directory of
/app) and execute the following commands:
cp ./app/code/community/Bold/Checkout/etc/Bold_Checkout.xml ./app/etc/modules/
cp ./app/code/community/Bold/CheckoutIntegration/etc/Bold_CheckoutIntegration.xml ./app/etc/modules/
cp -r ./app/code/community/Bold/Checkout/design/* ./app/design/
cp -r ./app/code/community/Bold/Checkout/locale/* ./app/locale/
cp -r ./app/code/community/Bold/CheckoutIntegration/design/* ./app/design/
Configure the Bold Checkout Extension
Complete the following steps in your store's Magento 1 Admin panel.
- Navigate to your store's Magento 1 Admin Panel.
- Clear the cache by following the steps below:
- Navigate to System > Cache Management.
- Click the Flush Magento Cache button.
- Click the Flush Cache Storage button, then click OK on the confirmation pop-up message.
- Navigate to System > Configuration, and click Checkout in the Sales section of the left-hand menu.
- In the Current Configuration Scope drop-down menu, select Main Website.
- Expand the Bold Checkout Integration drop-down. Populate the API Token field using the API access token that you retrieved from the Bold Account Center.
- Click the Save Config button at the top-right corner of the page.
- Expand the Bold Checkout Integration Advanced Settings drop-down, and edit any settings in this section if necessary.
- Click the Save Config button at the top-right corner of the page.
- Expand the Bold Checkout Platform Connector Integrations drop-down. Click Authorize.
Place test order
To ensure everything is set up correctly, you can place a test order using development mode and your associated gateway's test card. Once development mode is off, you can also test your Magento 1 store configuration using real payment data.
Follow the steps below to place a test order in development mode.
- From within Bold Checkout, navigate to Payment Options > Payment Gateways.
- Ensure that Development mode is toggled on.
- Navigate to your Magento 1 storefront, select an item, and proceed to checkout.
- Use your payment gateway's associated test credit card to complete the order.
- Once your order successfully completes, return to the Payment Gateways page in the Bold Checkout admin and turn Developer mode off.
After setting up the standard Bold Checkout, there are several steps you can take to customize your store's checkout experience:
- Tailor the frontend user experience by adding UI elements in strategic locations. Bold provides the Lightweight Frontend Experience (LiFE) elements for easy user interface customizations. Add LiFE elements using the Bold Checkout APIs or the Magneto 1 admin.
- Create a custom domain name for the Bold Checkout page.